This policy is provided by Testplant Europe Limited and is made on behalf of the Testplant group of companies.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Testplant Europe Limited of 6 Snow Hill, London EC1A 2AY.
Testplant is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using Testplant’s services or when engaging with us or when using this website, your personal information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect personal information that you provide via forms on this website for example when you fill out a contact form or complete any order form or when you email us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, and when you report a problem, or contact any employee at Testplant for any reason. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and work details.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of our other company websites or from the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We require this information solely for the purpose of servicing your requests and providing a better service to you, particularly for the following reasons:
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Correspond with you regarding Testplant products and services.
- Help us improve the services we provide.
- Send promotional emails about our products and services, or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Respond to any inquiry you have sent to us.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you have submitted information to us and wish to have them removed from our internal records, please contact us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
This may include sharing your information with our overseas subsidiaries or with third parties who process personal data on our behalf outside of the EEA. Testplant takes all necessary precautions and safeguards to ensure that the transfer and processing of your data overseas is managed in compliance with all European Union standards.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Third-party CRM processing companies or third-party web or internet server and storage companies which operate overseas. Testplant takes all necessary precautions and safeguards to ensure that the transfer and processing of your data overseas is managed in compliance with all European Union standards.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Testplant or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Testplant, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The content provided on this site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, and Testplant assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or reliability. All content on this site is for general information purposes only, and although we try to keep this content up to date and correct, we make no warranties, expressed or implied about the accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect of the website, its content, or related graphics it contains for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.