eggPlant Performance ensures that your cloud and server based applications will continue to work, perform, and provide an excellent user experience with hundreds or thousands of simultaneous users. eggPlant Performance provides sophisticated performance testing and load testing tools that can test the widest range of technology and can scale up to simulate any load you need, but are still easy-to-use.
The fundamental principles of software performance testing are deceptively simple – to simulate multiple users, to measure response times, to verify responses, and to monitor the use of resources. In practice, performance testing tools and load testing tools require breadth and depth to manage the technical challenges that exist when testing all software and protocols. eggPlant Performance has been designed to cleanly manage the difficult stuff so you spend more of your time looking at what really matters – improving the user experience of your application.
The free edition of eggPlant Performance is also available for immediate download via this form.
- Representative tests and reliable results. eggPlant Performance automatically handles dynamic application data, parameterization of input data, sophisticated test ramp-up and user “think time”, and the effortless composition of complex work mixes. This all means repeatable, realistic, and representative automated tests that provide reliable results you can use to inform critical decisions.
- Reduce risk and gain vital knowledge. Performance testing is all about gaining knowledge and reducing risk – e.g. identifying database locking issues, checking memory usage under load, or measuring bandwidth requirements.
- Increase test coverage via application-level virtual users. Complete user story execution means a fuller coverage of system functionality by tests.
- Reduce scripting effort. eggPlant Performance provides protocol recording with intelligent test script creation. This is highly effective in reducing scripting effort while avoiding the pitfalls of over-simplistic ‘record and replay’ and ‘script-less’ tools for automated performance testing.
- Transform data into information. Performance testing generates a lot of information from response times to API error rates. eggPlant Performance transforms this raw data into valuable information so you can easily pinpoint technical issues and system bottlenecks.
- Extensible and future proof. eggPlant Performance is open, extensible, multi-protocol, and designed to meet new challenges.
- Comprehensive technology support including full web, Citrix, client-side .NET, client-side Java, and TCP/UDP.
- Easy and productive test script creation tools designed for both experts and people new to performance testing that allow you to quickly create powerful parametrized scripts.
- Cloud-based, distributed, load injection to easily scale to the number of simulated users you want.
- Application-level virtual users for real user experience testing across all channels, e.g. mobile, tablet, and desktop. For more details see here.
- Standard familiar scripting languages including C# and Java fully integrated for faster script authoring, debugging, use of your existing libraries.
- Effective analysis and reporting that allows you to quickly understand and resolve issues.
- Dynamic test control and live monitoring which lets you control your automated tests while they are still running (e.g. reduce the number of virtual users); making it faster to isolate and resolve bottlenecks in your system.
Web/HTTPeggPlant Performance provides a choice of virtual user types and automation approaches to test web applications, mobile web apps, and web services.
- .NET Web virtual user type. HTTP-level scripting executing on the .NET platform. Includes the ability to generate C# scripts automatically from recordings, allowing automatic handling of sophisticated web application behavior such as dynamic data. Integration with MS Visual Studio for advanced scripting.
- Java Web virtual user type. HTTP-level virtual user running on the Java platform with similar functionality to the .NET Web virtual user. Integration with Eclipse for advanced scripting.
- ASP.NET virtual user type. An extension to the .NET Web virtual user that targets ASP.NET applications. Provides automatic correlation of dynamic forms and VIEWSTATE values, along with support for asynchronous processing.
- Selenium virtual user type. Browser-level virtual user based around the open source Selenium test framework, including support for WebDriver and headless browsers. Useful for automating web applications with complex client-side behavior.
- Web services support. The .NET and Java Web virtual user types will test Web Services using scripts generated from traces of HTTP traffic, or test SOAP services using scripts created directly from WSDL.
Application/GUIeggPlant Performance makes it easy to perform load tests by driving multiple application instances using GUI level test automation.
- eggPlant Functional virtual user type. GUI-level virtual user capable of automating virtually any application, browser, platform or device using the patented automation engine of eggPlant Functional.
- Citrix virtual user type. Virtual user that automates Citrix-hosted application instances.
NetworkeggPlant Performance provides testing at the IP socket level with the flexible and scalable TCP-UDP virtual user type. Scripts are generated by tracing network traffic and can simulate the either the server or client.