Global telecommunications spending will grow at a 6.3% CAGR growth to $4.9T in 2013 from $3.9T in 2009 (http://www.tiaonline.org).
Key IT trends in the Telecoms industry:
- Migration from desktop to mobile computing
- Smartphones, tablets and mobile Internet devices are clogging telecoms networks
- Convergence of heterogeneous services, networks and platforms.
- Major strategic move from 3G to 4G networks providing greater opportunity for data hungry applications
- Growing complexity and interfaces with the transition from IPv4 to IPv6
- Large gains in broadband and wireless penetration
- QA of applications that are moving from desktop to mobile.
- An automation tool to test on cross-platform technologies with a single script
- Provide real user experience feedback when systems are under load
- Testing within your firewall
- Testing Telecoms applications without choking virtual test environments
eggPlant enables software test engineers to automate the testing of screens through the non-invasive technique of ‘search and compare’. This method is relied on to provide text recognition and ‘learns’ screens to provide near-human responses. eggPlant ensures screen and user interface accuracy across the complexity and variables of a consumer-based telecoms application environment.
By visually performing tests, eggPlant provides a level of feedback on graphic user interface (GUI) performance and user interaction that can be difficult to determine through logic-based or code-based testing alone. eggPlant’s remote skills are a great advantage for managing globally distributed QA teams especially telecoms carriers with world-wide operations. As an end to end solution eggPlant can be used to test server, desktop and mobile devices.
Click the video to see eggPlant in action.