eggPlant Manager (ePM) is a web application to control your test lab to manage and execute multiple eggPlant servers. Installed on your servers, eggPlant Manager can be accessed by any browser so that users can schedule and analyse software testing results for test runs across one or more eggPlant servers. This allows for simpler organisation and greater productivity of a multi-install eggPlant environment. eggPlant servers are machines that have eggPlant installations and registered with ePM. A server can be scanned for scripts and SUTs which are then accessible and controlled through ePM. ePM can be installed on its own server and manage different eggPlant machines or be installed on an eggPlant machine and manage itself (and other servers)
ePM is written in Ruby on Rails (v3) and can be installed on Mac, Linux and Windows platforms. ePM can be provided as a stand alone installation package or incorporated into an existing server setup. ePM has been tested in with JRuby and can be run in a Java environment. The default database is MySQL but any relational database supported under Rails should be compatible.
- Dashboard: The opening page of ePM provides a dashboard of summary information about the servers and execution of software testing scripts. This information is displayed in graphical and tabular formats
- Easier Testing: Whatever a user’s testing requirements, including application testing, mobile testing, browser testing, and regression testing, tests are simple to create and execute, and easily replicable
- Scheduler: Users can quickly view their test schedule, and easily modify it if necessary
- Results analysis: Drill down into each test and script to see the results of execution
- Set up: eggPlant Manager is installed on your own server. It can be installed on a server running eggPlant instances or on a dedicated server and manage multiple eggPlant servers. Simple to set up as all components are included in the install package. Access to the server is defined by your corporate policy.
Where you have multiple licences of eggPlant, eggPlant Manager provides the following benefits.
- Easy to use: Access through your web browser
- Easy to deploy: You can install and activate eggPlant Manager at any phase of your test cycles. It can automatically read your existing installation of eggPlant.
- Centralized test metrics: eggPlant Manager will capture all test results on a single dashboard
- Manage schedule: You can schedule eggPlant Manager to run tests, specifying how many instances to use, when to run and the repeat schedule.
- Return on Investment: Management can leverage the tool to measure the productivity of the test infrastructure across the globe.
- Agile sharing: eggPlant Manager enables you to share eggPlant test results across the team and take corrective action real-time.
- Compatibility: ePM has been written to modern web standards and is compatible will all major browsers. Flash is required to view graphs on the summary screen
- Remote testing: Schedules can be set to run one or multiple scripts on one or multiple SUTs at a specific date and time. Schedules are repeatable and, for example, can be set to run every day for a continuous integration environment.