eggPlant is now more flexible than ever, with the addition of eggPlant Drive. eggPlant Drive enables faster and more agile testing by allowing tests to be executed in multiple scripting languages. It allows the execution of previously existing scripts written in other languages in conjunction with eggPlant scripts or individual SenseTalk commands.
- Runs as a background service
- Launched from the command line
- Receives XML-RPC commands
- Works with all other scripting languages
- Available on all Floating License versions of eggPlant
- Existing tests written in other scripting languages can be incorporated into new eggPlant tests.
- SenseTalk commands executed against the GUI can be incorporated into tests previously written in other languages.
- Using eggPlant Drive, an existing Java test can pull values from a database and connect to a client to validate the database values through the interface.
- A Visual Basic script running in Quick Test Pro can launch eggPlant Drive, connect to the local interface and automate a custom UI control that could otherwise not be automated.
- A Ruby on Rails web interface can accept keyword actions in real time to execute eggPlant scripts that perform high level operations against a dedicated SUT.
- eggPlant Floating License v11.2 or later