eggPlant Performance ensures that your cloud and server based applications will continue to work, perform, and provide an excellent user experience with hundreds or thousands of simultaneous users. eggPlant Performance provides sophisticated performance and load testing tools that can test the widest range of technology, can scale up to simulate any load you need, but are still easy-to-use.
The fundamental principles of software performance testing are deceptively simple – to simulate multiple users, to measure response times, to verify responses, and to monitor the use of resources. In practice performance testing tools and load testing tools require breadth and depth to manage the technical challenges that exist when testing all software and protocols. eggPlant Performance has been designed to cleanly manage the difficult stuff so you spend more of your time looking at what really matters – improving the user experience of your application.
- Comprehensive technology support including full web, Citrix, client-side .NET, client-side Java, and TCP/UDP.
- Easy and productive script creation tools designed for both experts and people new to performance testing that allow you to quickly create powerful parametrized scripts.
- Cloud-based, distributed, load injection to easily scale to the number of simulated users you want.
- Application-level virtual users for real user experience testing across all channels, e.g. mobile, tablet, and desktop. For more details see here.
- Standard familiar scripting languages including C# and Java fully integrated for faster script authoring, debugging, use of your existing libraries.
- Effective analysis and reporting that allows you to quickly understand and resolve issues.
- Dynamic test control and live monitoring which lets you control your tests while they are still running (e.g. reduce the number of virtual users); making it faster to isolate and resolve bottlenecks in your system.
- Representative tests and reliable results. eggPlant Performance automatically handles dynamic application data, parameterisation of input data, sophisticated test ramp-up and user “think time”, and the effort-less composition of complex work mixes. This all means repeatable, realistic, and representative tests that provide reliable results you can use to inform critical decisions.
- Reduce risk and gain vital knowledge. Performance testing is all about gaining knowledge and reducing risk – e.g. identifying database locking issues, checking memory usage under load, or measuring bandwidth requirements.
- Increase test coverage via application-level virtual users. Complete user story execution means a fuller coverage of system functionality by tests.
- Reduce scripting effort. eggPlant Performance provides protocol recording with intelligent script creation. This is highly effective in reducing scripting effort while avoiding the pitfalls of over-simplistic ‘record and replay’ and ‘script-less’ tools for automated performance testing.
- Transform data into information. Performance testing generates a lot of information from response times to API error rates. eggPlant Performance transforms this raw data into valuable information so you can easily pinpoint technical issues and system bottlenecks.
- Extensible and future proof. eggPlant Performance is open, extensible, multi-protocol, and designed to meet new challenges.
Virtual User Types
- Web, .NET. HTTP level virtual user for testing web applications, mobile web applications, and web services.
- Web, Java. HTTP-level virtual user for testing web applications, mobile web applications, and web services.
- Application, eggPlant Functional. GUI-level virtual user for driving any application, any browser, on any platform, using any technology from mobile to mainframes.
- Application, Selenium. GUI-level virtual user for driving web applications with complex client-side scripting that is difficult to simulate at the network level.
- Application, Citrix. Citrix virtual user that drives the GUI of Citrix-hosted application instances.
- Base, IP. IP-level virtual user that can test any networked application with the greatest level of flexibility. Appropriate for message-based systems and non-HTTP protocols.
- Base, .NET. API-level virtual user for driving .NET APIs.
- Base, Java. API-level virtual user for driving Java APIs.