eggPlant Functional helps you test your applications better, faster, and with less effort by automating the execution of your functional testing. eggPlant Functional has revolutionized functional test automation with its patented image-based approach to GUI testing.
eggPlant can interact with any device (including mobile, tablet, desktop, server, and the Internet of Things) in the same way a user does, by looking at the screen. eggPlant uses sophisticated image and text search algorithms to locate objects on the screen in a completely technology agnostic manner and then drive the device.
eggPlant’s user-centric test automation approach also makes it incredibly intuitive to write tests, so anyone can be productive with eggPlant within a few hours.
How it works
eggPlant Functional’s approach means that it is intuitive for testers, is entirely technology agnostic and can test any technology on any platform; from C++, to Flash, to HTML5, on mainframes and mobile devices. It also means that you are really testing your application from the user’s perspective, not the code’s perspective, which leads to a better user experience.
- Test any device, any operating system, any technology from mobile to mainframe. For information on mobile testing, click here.
- Create automated tests quickly with uniquely robust record-and-playback, a flexible keyword driven testing framework, the intuitive test definition language SenseTalk, or any language (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby) via the eggDrive interface.
- Test your application from any host operating system. eggPlant can be installed on Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux.
- Test many languages including Chinese, Russian, and Japanese with full optical character recognition (OCR).
- Test scenarios involving multiple devices, using a single test script.
- Integrate eggPlant Functional with popular ALM tools such as Jenkins, IBM Rational Quality Manager, and HP Quality Center for end-to-end QA test automation.
- Test millions of combinations of input with data-driven testing.
- Create reliable functional tests quickly with eggPlant’s rich test creation GUI and debugging environment.
- Simple. eggPlant’s intuitive image-based approach means that manual testers, business analysts, or anyone else can quickly learn to be productive and proficient test automation engineers. Simple scripting tools including robust record-and-playback, keyword driven testing, and test description language designed for non-developer testers make the automated test script creation fast, simple, and robust.
- Technology agnostic. eggPlant’s UI testing approach means that it can test any device, any operating system, and any technology. Any new technology can immediately be tested with eggPlant. This makes mobile testing, end-to-end testing, embedded systems testing, etc. accessible and simple.
- Cross-platform. Scripts reflect the UI and business logic of the application, not the code, so a single eggPlant script can deliver test automation across all platforms; e.g. Safari to Chrome, iPhone to Android.
- Non-intrusive. eggPlant does not require any modification of the application under test or jail-breaking of the underlying OS, so the test application is really the same application that users are using.
- Flexible interfaces. eggPlant has open interfaces and an open philosophy. It can be easily integrated into any test environment and work with any ALM, continuous integration, or other test tool.
- Effective. Most importantly, eggPlant Functional test automation is effective for software testing. eggPlant users regularly achieve 50% improvements in productivity, 20% time-to-market improvements for large projects, 80% time-to-market improvements for small update releases, 50% reductions in post-release defects, and increased traceability.