eggPlant Functional helps you test better, faster, and with less effort by automating the execution of your functional testing. eggPlant Functional has revolutionised functional test automation with its patented image-based approach to GUI testing. eggPlant can interact with any device or application in the same way a user does, by looking at the screen. eggPlant uses sophisticated image and text search algorithms to locate objects on the screen in a completely technology agnostic manner and then drive the device. eggPlant’s user-centric test automation approach also makes it incredibly intuitive to write tests, so anyone can be productive with eggPlant within a few hours.
How it works
eggPlant Functional’s approach means that it is intuitive for testers and is entirely technology agnostic and can test any technology on any platform; from C++, to Flash, to HTML5, on mainframes to mobiles. It also means that you are really testing your application from the user’s perspective, not the code’s perspective, which leads to a better user experience.
- Test any device, any operating system, any technology from mobile to mainframe.
- Test from any host operating system – Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux.
- Test many languages including Chinese, Russian, and Japanese with full optical character recognition.
- Test scenarios involving multiple devices.
- Create tests quickly with the intuitive test definition language “SenseTalk”; or use any language via the eggPlant Drive interface.
- Integrate eggPlant into popular ALM tools such as Jenkins, IBM Rational Quality Manager, and HP Quality Centre for end-to-end QA test automation.
- Test millions of combinations of input with data-driven testing.
- Create reliable functional testing quickly with eggPlant’s rich test creation GUI and debugging environment.
- Simple. eggPlant’s intuitive image-based approach means that manual testers, business analysts, or anyone else can quickly learn to be productive and proficient test automation engineers.
- Technology agnostic. eggPlant’s approach means that it can test any device, any operating system, and any technology. Any new technology can immediately be tested with eggPlant.
- Cross-platform. Scripts reflect the UI and business logic of the application, not the code, so a single eggPlant script can deliver test automation across all platforms; e.g. Safari to Chrome, iPhone to Android.
- Non-intrusive. eggPlant does not require any modification of the application under test; or jail-breaking of the underlying OS. So the application being tested is really the same application that users are using.
- Flexible interfaces. eggPlant has open interfaces and an open philosophy. It can be easily integrated into any test environment and work with any ALM, continuous integration, or other test tool.
- Effective. Most importantly, eggPlant Functional test automation is effective for software development testing. eggPlant users regularly achieve 50% improvements in productivity, 20% time-to-market improvements for large projects, 80% time-to-market improvements for small update releases, 50% reductions in post-release defects, and increased traceability.