Retail companies engage with their customers via their online, mobile, and point-of-sale technology, so the quality of this technology is vital to their existence. At the same time, there is a constant demand to refresh and enhance their online presence to keep customers engaged. Customer loyalty is notoriously fragile and quickly lost if functionality, response times, or reliability fall below the high expectations of today’s users. Highly efficient and effective website testing is therefore absolutely essential.
What are the key testing challenges?
- Testing the presentation across all types of devices, platforms, and web browsers; from mobile to desktop, Android to Windows 8, Chrome to Internet Explorer.
- Sites with constantly changing content.
- Ensuring the system is responsive and robust under heavy loads.
- The variety of standard and bespoke technologies used within systems.
How can eggPlant testing tools help?
- eggPlant test automation tools can work with any technology. Our functional and GUI testing tool eggPlant Functional provides technology agnostic GUI testing automation through its patented image-based approach; from mobile to mainframe, Android to Mac OSX, from Safari to Firefox, from HTML5 to Flash. Our load and stress testing tool eggPlant Performance supports network technologies from protocol to GUI; HTTP, .NET APIs, Java APIs, Selenium, and Citrix.
- eggPlant supports data driven testing techniques and the creation of application specific virtual user types that can significantly reduce the maintenance overhead of testing highly dynamic websites.
- eggPlant can easily manage content sets, or be integrated with a content management system, to deal with dynamic content and rich media testing.
- eggPlant Performance can replicate an unlimited number of simulated users performing different scenarios and using different types of devices. eggPlant Performance lets you combine protocol-based scripts generating high traffic volumes with GUI-based scripts driving real web browsers and mobile devices for user-experience validation. Load can be injected from the LAN or multiple remote or cloud-base locations.
- eggPlant can remove dependencies on third-party services such as payment gateways, news streams, and delivery trackers for the sake of testing in a realistic manner.
- eggPlant test automation tools support Agile methodologies and can be integrated with CI systems such as Jenkins.